'Tinted Bee' Lip Balm 'Sweet Pea' (TESTER)
This is exciting - the first prototype of HBB's 'Tinted Bee' Lip Balms in 'Sweet Pea'.
We have been asked to make a tinted lip balm since as long as we can remember and, at the beginning of our journey, we experimented with natural plant pigments such as beetroot and alkanet root but found that, due to the particle size, the ingredients would sink to the bottom and didn't really add the colouring we were after.
So, after a bit of inspiration seeing some natural make up recipes using iron oxide and natural mica pigments, we started experimenting and are pretty pleased with the results - but - it really is up to you.
So, with this tester we would love to find out what you think - are they too coloured, not coloured enough, too sparkly, not shimmery enough....so here goes:-
This is our 'Sweet Pea' tint - named after a flower loved by bees!
Ingredients: Sweet Almond, Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Vitamin E Oil (Tocopherol), Honey (Mel), Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Manganese Violet, Tin Oxide.
1. What is your skin colouring - peach/rose/olive/other?
2. Do you currently use a tinted lip balm? Yes/No
3. Did you like the colour? Yes/No/Prefer more/Prefer less
4. Did you like the mica(shimmer)? Yes/No/Prefer more/Prefer less
5. Did you like the texture? Yes/No
6. How did it make your lips feel when worn? Conditioned/moisturised/dry/sticky/ other
7. How easy was it to apply? Easy/not very easy
8. How do you apply it? Finger/lip brush/straight from tin
9. Other comments/suggestions/recommendations….
Thanks so much for helping us with the development of our Tinted Bees :) x